Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- A Lightform Device can be registered to one Lightform Account at a time. When selling or transferring ownership of your device, make sure to de-register the device by logging into your Lightform Account and removing it from the list of your registered devices.
- Registering your device will allow you to use the Lightform Cloud (Labs) feature to access and control your device remotely.
How to register a Lightform device
- While logged in to your account, click Register Devices or go straight to the device registration page.
- You will need to find your device name and serial number. The name of the device name is usually a descriptive bird or animal i.e. "Saavy Swan" or "Ample Liger".
- For LF1: You can find the device name and serial number on the back of the unit.
- For LF2 and LFC: You can find the device name and serial number on the bottom of the unit.
- If you receive an error -
- Make sure you are using a supported web browser.
- Refresh the page to confirm the device was not successfully registered - sometimes the registration goes through on a first click and then shows as registered already on the second attempt.
- Reach out to Lightform Support - if you purchased a refurbished device, it is possible the previous owner's account was not successfully de-registered.
How to de-register a Lightform device
- Login to your Lightform Account
- Select the device from the list of your registered devices
- Select Remove device from account
Also - for future reference, if at any time you're having difficulty logging in, please feel free to use the "skip" option to use Creator without logging in.