Lightform Creator can stream a preview of your surfaces, content, and cursor position, that you create on the artboard to the Lightform device.
Using Preview provides immediate feedback through a live stream on your scene in response to actions made within Lightform Creator. Lightform Creator will stream the following to your Lightform device in order to preview these projected onto your scene in real-time:
- Surfaces: Lightform Creator streams surfaces as precise vectorized objects and streams any real-time updates to them (e.g. if you move or edit them)
- Content: Lightform Creator streams your content (images, videos, effects, text) to the Lightform device.
- Cursor Position: Lightform Creator streams your cursor position on the artboard as a full-screen crosshair at the correlated position on your real-world scene.
Preview Demo Video
How to enable Preview
- Locate the Preview button in the Toolbar.
- Press the down arrow button next to it in order to select properties.
- Press the Preview button to start streaming.
When you click the down arrow next to the Preview button, you can adjust preferences. Read more about Preview Preferences here.
The Difference between Preview and Publish
Lightform products were designed to use a publish model i.e. it is not designed primarily for viewing live visuals. Note that when you stream a preview of the project video, you are seeing a downsampled version that acts as a preview versus publishing the content actually uploads it to the device.
When publishing projects, all slides are rendered to 1080p (or the projector's resolution) with a bitrate of ~10Mb/s. For most content, this should result in no visual loss of quality.