The scanning process enables the Lightform device to scan your scene and wirelessly send a scan image to Lightform Creator.
The scan captures an understanding of your scene from the projector's perspective so you can quickly select objects and apply dynamic instant effects that map precisely to every pixel of your scene.
- Open Lightform Creator and click New Project.
- Select your Lightform device to enter the scan dialog.
- Make sure your projector is in focus
- Make sure nothing will be moving in between the Lightform device and your scene during your scan.
- Click the Scan button.
- Your projector and Lightform device should be on, and the Lightform device should be connected to your projector over HDMI.
- Capture your entire desired scene with the test pattern.
- When you enter the scan dialog, the Lightform device will automatically display a test pattern, and you will see a live preview of the Lightform device's camera feed.
- Ensure that the entire test pattern is visible within the camera frame. If it's not, you may need to physically adjust the device position, projector zoom, or lens shift to capture the entire projected image.
During the scan process, structured light patterns display for approximately 60 seconds. Once the patterns have finished flashing, the Lightform device will process the images and assign color values to all projector pixels. The processing phase will take approximately 2-4 minutes. This image forms the resulting "scan" – essentially a snapshot from the projector's exact point of view.
While structured light patterns are flashing, it is important that there is no motion in the scene, and that there is nothing to obstruct the Lightform device's camera or projector's field of view.
Scan Settings can be adjusted right before taking a scan. To take a new scan in an existing project click Edit > New Scan or click in an empty area on the artboard to show Scan Properties and then click New Scan.
Read more about how to adjust scan settings here.
Scan Properties can be found in the Properties Panel on the Design Page by clicking Edit > Scan Properties or clicking in an empty area on the artboard. Here you can export your scans, toggle between color and disparity, or adjust the opacity, brightness, and hole filling values.
Read more about scan properties here.