As of February 7th, 2022, Lightform is discontinuing all hardware production runs indefinitely and winding down. We will continue to provide cloud services & support through August 2022. Customers should update to the latest software and firmware before this date. Read the official announcement here.
Will my Lightform device continue to work?
- Your purchase included a perpetual license for Lightform Creator, and your device will continue to work with Creator. The Stock Asset library, Lightform Cloud (beta), and IFTTT will no longer be available after August 2022. You can reach out for support between now and August 2022.
Will Lightform have any additional production runs?
Will the Lightform Cloud (beta) service continue to work?
- Lightform Cloud will no longer be available after August 2022, as it requires significant cloud computing fees.
What will happen to the Stock Asset Catalog integration?
- Users can access the built-in library to browse and download unlimited free assets through August 2022. After August 2022, Lightform Creator will no longer provide the in-app catalog for downloading new assets for free. This integration was powered by Storyblocks, and you can sign up for your own subscription, here. You will continue to have access to any assets already downloaded and saved. As long as you have your project(s) archived, with assets included, you’ll have the images/videos saved for future use within those files. See how to archive your project with all of its assets here: How do I archive my project?
Will Lightform Creator still work on my computer after August 2022?
- We encourage you to update your Lightform devices, and Lightform Creator to the most recent versions prior to August 2022 for the product to continue to work as intended. There will not be any new releases or support after August 2022. After August 2022, we cannot guarantee Lightform Creator will continue to work on new operating systems.
Hardware and Accessories
What do I do if I’ve lost my LF2/2+ remote?
- If your remote qualifies for a warranty replacement, please submit a request to our support team here. Review Warranty Details here.
- Alternatively, you can purchase a usb-controller that behaves in the same way as your remote. Here is the one we've confirmed works: Air Mouse for Android
What do I do If I’ve lost my device’s power supply?
- If you've lost your LF2/2+ power supply, please reach out to support prior to August 2022.
- LF1/LFC - We do not currently have inventory for replacement adapters. However, this adapter is compatible along with this one on amazon.
What if I haven’t set up my Lightform device yet? Will it work?
- Yes, your device will still work when you are ready to set it up. Lightform will continue to host the latest firmware versions, however, we recommend setting up your device before August 2022 to ensure support is available to help troubleshoot any setup issues you may encounter.
Do you have refurbished devices for sale?
- No. LF1, LF2, LF2+, and LFC Kits are completely out of stock and are no longer available for purchase. Any remaining stock is reserved for warranty replacements.
Do you have any extra Lightform accessories?
- Lightform accessories are no longer being manufactured and are not available for purchase though. Please contact our support team here to see if your accessory replacement needs are covered within the warranty.
Warranty + Returns
What if my device stops working after August 22nd, can I send it in for a replacement or repairs?
- No, after August 2022 the current warranty periods will have expired.
Is my warranty still valid?
- Yes, Lightform’s 1-year product limited warranty will be honored. See Lightform warranty details here.
Can I get a refund for my Lightform purchase? Can I return my Lightform for a refund?
- Currently, we are accepting returns that meet the qualifying return criteria in the Lightform return policy. See the return policy here. Otherwise, all product guarantees included with your purchase are still valid and we are not accepting returns on these devices.
Will Lightform be able to support me with any issues after August 2022?
- As of August 2022, Lightform Support will no longer provide any technical support for the product. We encourage users to reach out to our support team prior to August 2022 if you are experiencing any issues that require support.
What if I have additional questions?
- We would be happy to help answer your questions. Please submit a request and a member of our support team will be in touch to help within 1 business day.
How do I contact Customer Support?
- For support, customers should reach out to us by submitting a request or sending an email to email@example.com. A member of our support team will be in touch to help within 1 business day. Please have your device serial number ready.