As of February 7th, 2022, Lightform has discontinued all hardware production runs indefinitely and the company is shutting down. Lightform will continue to provide cloud services & support through August 12th, 2022. Customers should update to the latest software and firmware before this date to receive support. Upgrading your device firmware and/or software may be necessary to correct a problem. If you have an LF2 or LF2+ projector, the latest firmware ensures you have the latest safety updates.
What is happening with the company?
- The company is shutting down. There are no active support or engineering resources past August 2022.
What is happening with the IP and software licensing?
- If you’re interested in licensing the IP or integrating Lightform technology into your product for commercial or non-commercial use, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to August 12th, 2022.
Will my Lightform device continue to work?
- Yes - Lightform Creator is expected to work as intended with supported operating systems. We are unable to guarantee that Lightform Creator will continue to work on new operating systems launched after being discontinued in August 2022. Lightform will no longer develop, maintain, or test the software in question.
What current features will change?
- The final release of Lightform Creator removes functionality that relies on cloud features that will no longer work, including the ability to search the Stock Asset catalog for new assets, Lightform Cloud (beta), including the ability to login to Lightform Creator, and IFTTT functionality.
Will the Lightform website and guide resources be available beyond August 2022?
- Yes, the Lightform.com website will continue to be available, and the user guide will remain accessible from www.lightform.com/go for at least two years.
Will Lightform have any additional production runs?
- No. Lightform has indefinitely discontinued all hardware production runs.
Hardware and Accessories
What do I do if I’ve lost my LF2/2+ remote?
- You can purchase a usb-controller that behaves in the same way as your remote. Here is the one we've confirmed works: Air Mouse for Android
- For scheduling or triggering the LF2/2+ to turn on/off, we recommend using a switchbot. Read more about this here.
What do I do If I’ve lost my device’s power supply?
- If you've lost your LF2/2+ power supply, there are still some available through a past partner to purchase directly on eBay here.
- If you've lost your LF1/LFC power supply, there are still some available through a past partner to purchase directly on eBay here. In addition, this adapter is compatible and so is this one on amazon.
What if I haven’t set up my Lightform device yet? Will it work?
- Yes, your device will still work when you are ready to set it up. However, we highly recommend setting up your device before support ends on August 12th, 2022 to ensure the team is available to help troubleshoot any setup issues you may encounter.
Do you have used/refurbished/remaining stock available for purchase?
- No. All Lightform products, including hardware (LF1, LFC, LF2/2+) are sold out and no longer available for purchase.
Do you have any extra Lightform accessories?
- Lightform accessories are no longer being manufactured and are not available for purchase. Please contact our support team here before August 2022 to see if your accessory replacement needs are covered within the warranty. Otherwise, there are some available through a past partner to purchase directly on eBay here while supplies last.
Will the Lightform Cloud (beta) service continue to work?
- No - Lightform Cloud will no longer be available after August 2022 as it requires significant cloud computing fees.
- The login screen will be gone and the ability for a remote workflow by accessing Lightform devices in other locations will be removed. However, users can continue to use the software locally without logging in, regardless of past registration.
What will happen to the Stock Asset Catalog integration?
- Users can access the built-in library to browse and download unlimited free assets through August 2022. After August 2022, Lightform Creator will no longer provide the in-app catalog for downloading new assets for free. This integration was powered by Storyblocks, and you can sign up for your own subscription, here. Once you have a subscription, you can bring downloaded assets into Lightform Creator as imported project assets individually as needed.
- You will continue to have access to any assets already downloaded that have been archived in previous projects. As long as you have your project(s) archived, with assets included, you’ll have the images/videos that were used in those projects for future use within those files. See how to archive your project with all of its assets here: How do I archive my project?
- You can also find and save the .mp4 assets you’ve already downloaded onto your local computer to bring them into Lightform Creator as imported project assets individually as needed. See where to find the .mp4 files here: What directory on my computer are stock-asset downloads saved to?
Will Lightform Creator still work on my computer after August 2022?
- Yes, Lightform Creator is expected to continue working on supported operating systems. See the Lightform system requirements here.
- After August 2022, we cannot guarantee that Lightform Creator will continue to work on new operating systems launched after Lightform product discontinuation.
- We encourage users to update all Lightform device(s) firmware and Lightform Creator Software to the latest versions before August 12th, 2022 for the product to continue working as intended. There will not be any new firmware or software releases after Lightform support ends in August 2022.
- You should update your device firmware and/or Creator software with the latest releases to correct issues.
Can I download an older version of the Lightform Creator software?
- We encourage all users to download and utilize the latest version of Lightform Creator.
Warranty + Returns
What if my device stops working after August 22nd, can I send it in for a replacement or repairs?
- No. After August 2022, the Lightform Support team will not be active. See Lightform warranty details here.
Will Lightform be able to support me with any issues after August 2022?
- As of August 12th, 2022, Lightform Support will no longer provide technical support for the product. We encourage users to reach out to our support team before August 12th, 2022 if they are experiencing any issues requiring support. After the product end of support date, please refer to the Lightform Guide and FAQ for self-help resources.
How do I contact Customer Support?