Install directions for Windows
- From Lightform Creator, publish your project to your drive by using the "Publish to Local Folder" option. This produces a zip file at the location you specify, and you'll need it below when publishing from the command line.
- Download cURL: https://curl.se/windows/dl-7.79.0_1/curl-7.79.0_1-win64-mingw.zip and extract the zip file to your drive.
- Open a command prompt, and
binfolder within the extracted cURL zip folder. For example, if you extracted it to your user's download folder, you would use something like (replace with your username):
You should see the curl.exe program in the bin folder.
- Run the following command to publish to your device:
In the above command, you need to replace
curl.exe -v -H "Expect:" -H "Content-Type: application/lightform+zip" --data-binary "@<path\\to\\file>" <device-ip>:7346
<path\\to\\file>with the full path to the published zip file generated in step 1 (important: make sure to put an "@" in front of the path), and replace
<device-ip>with the IP address of your device (visible on the Control Page in Creator, or on the device's testcard). Here's a full example:
curl.exe -v -H "Expect:" -H "Content-Type: application/lightform+zip" --data-binary "@C:\\Users\\kevin\\Downloads\\New Project-Published\\New Project-Published.zip" 192.168.1.14:7346
- Finally, you must tell the device to play the project with the following curl command (make sure to use your device's IP):
You can also stop the project with the following:
curl.exe -v -d "play" <device-ip>:7341/control/playback/state
curl.exe -v -d "stop" <device-ip>:7341/control/playback/state
- On LF2/LF2+, you can also control the projector's light engine with the following commands:
curl.exe -v -d "on" <device-ip>:7341/control/projector curl.exe -v -d "off" <device-ip>:7341/control/projector
7. To do a hard reboot of the device, you can use the following command:
curl.exe -v -d "" <device-ip>:7341/control/reboot
Install directions for macOS
Command+Spaceand type Terminal and press enter/return key.
- Run in Terminal app:
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install>)" 2> /dev/nulland press enter/return key. If you are prompted to enter your Mac's user password, enter it (when you type it, you wont see it on your screen/terminal.app but it would accept the input; this is to ensure no one can see your password on your screen while you type it. So just type password and press enter, even if you don't see it on your screen). Then wait for the command to finish.
brew install curl
- Proceed below to run curl commands on your device
Use the curl commands from above but replace "curl.exe" with curl