Important Safety Information
Firmware Update Required to Correct Potential Burn Risk and Device Damage
Recently, a bug was discovered in certain LF2 and LF2+ firmware versions, which may cause a small percentage of devices to overheat upon start up, potentially causing permanent damage to your device and posing a burn risk if the device remains in this state for a period of time.
|Affected Firmware Version||Release Date|
- Please complete the update procedure below to safely update your device to the latest firmware version (≥2.1.23) and do not otherwise use the device until you perform a firmware update.
- If your device is currently in use and is not connected to the internet, immediately unplug the device from the wall and discontinue use, until you can complete the update procedure.
This article is in reference to an email titled "Risk of Damage to Your LF2/LF2+ (ACTION REQUIRED)" sent to all affected customers on June 8th, 2021.
I can't update my device right away, what should I do?
- Unplug your device and discontinue use until you are able to perform a firmware update
I do not have access to the internet to update my firmware update, what should I do?
- Unplug your device and discontinue use until you are able to access an internet connection to perform a firmware update
I lost my LF2/2+ remote and I never see a test card or my previous project
- Unplug your device and contact Lightform Support
What if I want to use an older mac with my LF2/2+?
- Unfortunately, you will have to use a computer that meets our minimum requirements. 2.1.17 supports 10.13+ and the latest release supports 10.14+. In order to better support the recent release of Catalina (macOS 10.15) and better support the more recent versions of macOS, we've discontinued support for macOS 10.12 and below.
I have a device running firmware prior to 0.10.6. Is it ok that I don't update it at all?
- No. Due to safety considerations, the device must be updated to the latest firmware before continued use.