Before Lightform's close in August 2022, Lightform Creator provided a large video and animation library of assets that could be browsed in a catalog and downloaded to use in projects.
This feature is no longer available in Lightform's last Creator software version (2.4.1). Previously, you could assets by following the steps below, however, if you would like to access these assets beyond Lightform's sunset, you will need to purchase your own Storyblocks subscription and search the Storyblocks catalog directly on their website. Once assets are downloaded, you can import them into your Lightform Projects as an Imported Project Asset.
To read more about this, please reference the answers provided to common questions in our Sunset FAQ.
How to add a Stock Asset
- Select a surface that you’d like to add a stock asset to
- Click on the Asset Browser on the Toolbar or press
- Click on the Stock Assets tab
- Click the Browse Catalog button
- Enter a search term and find the asset you want to download
- Double-click on the video or click the Download button on the thumbnail
- The clip will download and appear in the Stock Assets tab
- Double-click on the asset or by selecting it and pressing the Insert Content button
If you download a Stock Asset for one project, it will be saved on your computer and show up as an available asset in all future projects unless you delete the video file.
We integrate Stock Asset content that meets the following specifications:
- File format: mp4
- Resolution: 1080p
- Content-type: footage (as defined by Storyblocks)
- Size: less than 10 min
Note - Error "Fail to handle video download request"
There are some videos on the service that are encoded with platform-specific or application-specific codecs that cannot be supported and will not work. If you see this error, it indicates that unfortunately, that particular asset cannot be used. These tend to be alpha/transparency file types. The assets themselves do not contain multiple formats to enable us to support 100% of what is available on StoryBlocks.