The Pen Tool is designed specifically for using vector paths to create clipping masks for projections
How to create a Surface with the Pen Tool
- To activate the Pen Tool, click on the Pen Icon on the Toolbar or press P.
- Create your first anchor point by clicking on the artboard where you want the path to begin.
- Click on the artboard again to add another point to the path.
- Complete the path by:
- clicking on the first anchor point to close the shape
- or press the enter key
- To cancel out of the pen tool, press the ESC key
How to create curves with the Pen Tool
Follow the instructions above to create Surfaces using the Pen tool.
After you've placed a point,
⌘/CTRL+Click+Drag on the point to create a bezier curve with two control points, or
ALT/option+Drag on the point to create one control point at a time.