Lightform Labs Feature
Using Lightform Cloud and IFTTT, you can schedule your LF2 projector to turn on and off at specific times of the day.
This article describes a specific use case if the Lightform<>IFTTT integration, for more general IFTTT usage and triggers, please see this article.
|Minimum requirements to use Lightform as defined here.|
|LF2 Device with an Internet connection.|
|IFTTT Account - to send commands to your Lightform Device using your voice.|
Your device must be registered under your account on cloud.lightform.com
Step 1Add relevant IFTTT services
Log in to your IFTTT account and add the services for:
Step 2 Create the IFTTT Trigger
In the example below, we will trigger the Lightform device to turn the projector on at 9am each day.
- Under your profile picture in IFTTT, select the Create option, or use the Create->Applets dropdown.
- Click on +This and search for "Date & Time"
- Choose how often and when you want the trigger to run. For this tutorial, we are going to choose "Every day at" and then "9am".
- Click on "That" to choose your action service and search/select Lightform service
- Choose an action to send to Lightform. For this article, we'll choose "Turn projector on".
- Type In your Device Serial Number, for IFTTT to connect to your device
- Your LF2 will now be triggered to turn the projection on at 9am daily. Since you've scheduled your projector to turn on every day, you might also want to create a second trigger in order to turn it off at the end of the day!