Using Lightform Cloud and IFTTT, you can schedule your LF2 projector to turn on and off at specific times of the day.
We do not recommend using Labs for installations or productions where dependability is required. These features are experimental and unsupported, but we welcome bug reports and feedback to continue improving Lightform Creator.
This article describes a specific use case if the Lightform<>IFTTT integration, for more general IFTTT usage and triggers, please see this article.
|Minimum requirements to use Lightform as defined here.|
|LF2 Device with an Internet connection.|
|IFTTT Account - to send commands to your Lightform Device using your voice.|
Your device must be registered under your account on cloud.lightform.com
Step 1Add relevant IFTTT services
Log in to your IFTTT account and add the services for:
Step 2 Create the IFTTT Trigger
In the example below, we will trigger the Lightform device to turn the projector on at 9am each day.
- Under your profile picture in IFTTT, select the Create option, or use the Create->Applets dropdown.
- Click on +This and search for "Date & Time"
- Choose how often and when you want the trigger to run. For this tutorial, we are going to choose "Every day at" and then "9am".
- Click on "That" to choose your action service and search/select Lightform service
- Choose an action to send to Lightform. For this article, we'll choose "Turn projector on".
- Type In your Device Serial Number, for IFTTT to connect to your device
- Your LF2 will now be triggered to turn the projection on at 9am daily. Since you've scheduled your projector to turn on every day, you might also want to create a second trigger in order to turn it off at the end of the day!