Labs features are experimental and unsupported, but we welcome bug reports and feedback to continue improving Lightform Creator.
There is a built-in Effect Editor within Lightform Creator that you can use to create custom effects & generators.
Effect Editor Interface
You are not restricted to only using the Effect Editor for custom effects, any text editor would work.
To open the Effect Editor, make sure you have Labs enabled and then click Labs > Effect Editor in the menu bar.
- New - Create a new effect from an example effect, similar to Tron
- Open - Open an existing effect in the Editor.
- Save - Save the files in the effect (both .liteffect and .fs)
- Specification / Shader / Help: Switch between editing the .liteffect and .fs files
- Text editor (left): Edit the current file (.liteffect or .fs), includes syntax highlighting
- Documentation (right): Helpful reference info related to the current file being edited