During the setup process occasionally things like the strength of your Wi-Fi connection, the type of Wi-Fi network you are on, and computer settings can interfere with the process. Fortunately, there are some quick steps to try to follow, which can help identify the problem.
If you are unable to pair your device, please power cycle all parts of the system and then work through the following step-by-step troubleshooting wizard to resolve the issue.
If you are still unable to connect to the device by the end of the wizard, you will be asked to submit the form after adding your name and email. This will automatically submit a support ticket to us and a member of our support team will be in touch via email soon after.
Common Troubleshooting Steps
- Power cycle all parts of the system
- Make sure your computer is connected to a supported Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure the computer or laptop you are using meets minimum requirements.
- Firewalls and Port blocking
- This can prevent a connection to the Lightform device. Lightform devices can be used locally (via direct connection to the Lightform's Wi-Fi network), however, a secure network connection is required to get setup and update the firmware. See the following articles for more information:
Don't forget, we also offer live chat support M-F 9:30 am - 5:00 pm PT!