This guide explains how to update your LF2 via a USB drive. This should only be used as a final measure, and should only be needed if your device will not boot past the recovery screen. This can happen, for example, if the device loses power (or in rarer cases, Internet) during a firmware update.
If your LF2 ever displays a screen like the one below, then you will need a manual firmware update.
To manually update your LF2s firmware, you will need:
- A USB drive with at least 1GB of free space
- The firmware package (provided by Lightform)
- Your LF2
- Your LF2's remote (ensure that it is charged with the packaged charging cable)
Manual Update Steps:
- Download the firmware .zip package provided by Lightform, and copy it to your USB flash drive. Note: Your USB drive should be formatted as a FAT32 or exFAT filesystem type beforehand. This article shows how to format a USB drive on both Windows 10 and macOS.
- Eject the USB drive from your computer.
- Power on your LF2. If the recovery screen does not appear(image at the top of this article), you may need to attempt a firmware update again from Creator. Once you see the recovery screen appears on your LF2, insert the USB drive you prepared into the USB 2.0 slot of your LF2. NOTE: It's critical that it is in the USB 2.0 slot. It will not be detected in the USB 3.0 (blue) slot.
- Using the remote, navigate through the menus to find the .zip package. See the images below for a step-by-step walkthrough. Note the image below for how to navigate through the menus using your LF2 remote.
- Using the remote, choose "apply update from EXT".
- Then choose "update from udisk".
- Locate the zip file you placed on the USB drive and select it.
- The update should proceed now.
- Please wait until you see the menu you originally started on ("reboot system now" should be highlighted on this menu). Once you see this screen, press Enter (power button on the remote) to reboot.
- Your LF2 should now be updated. You can remove the USB drive and use the device regularly again.