To troubleshoot this error, please check to see if you see a camera stream like the one below when you start the scanning process.
If you do not see a camera stream on LF2:
- Please verify there is no HDMI connection going from your LF2 directly to your computer.
Notice for LF2 and LF2+ users (only):
- A firmware update is required to correct potential fire risk and device damage. Please complete the update procedure to safely update your device to the latest firmware version (2.4.1), and do not otherwise use the device until you perform a firmware update. See more about this issue here.
If you do not see a camera stream on LFC:
- Please verify there is no HDMI connection going from your LFC directly to your computer or from your projector directly to your computer.
- Confirm the only HDMI connection is from your LFC to the projector.
- Make sure your camera is properly plugged into your LFC. We also recommend trying to plug it into a different USB port on the LFC to see if the issue corrects itself.
- Restart your device and Lightform Creator.
If the issue persists, we have noticed that sometimes the camera feed may not appear right away due to outdated BRIO camera drivers. To update the drivers, please follow these instructions:
- Plug the camera directly into your computer
- Download the driver update software for your system: macOS | Windows
- Open the driver update software and follow the on-screen instructions to update your BRIO's firmware
- Verify the camera works by using webcam software on your computer (on macOS, Facetime or Photo Booth work - on Windows you can use the Camera app)
- Plug the BRIO back into your LFC, restart the device, and try scanning again
Please note -- Every once in a while, the device needs a hard reboot to recognize the camera (after confirming it works on your laptop, etc.) If you still don't see the camera stream, please try restarting your device and with the camera plugged into a different USB port on the LFC in the following order:
1. Quit Lightform Creator
2. Unplug the USB-C cable that connects the camera to the LFC from the LFC
3. Unplug your LFC
4. Plug the USB-C cable back into the LFC
5. Plug the LFC device back in
6. Open Lightform Creator, start a new project, and click scan -- the camera stream should come up then