New devices that have never been switched on or updated are automatically in Pairing Mode. You will not be able to manually put a device into pairing mode, until you've initially updated your device firmware.
A Lightform device needs to be put in Pairing Mode when you are pairing via Wi-Fi to a new network or connecting to the Lightform device's Wi-Fi network (to use without internet). Putting your Lightform device into Pairing Mode will not work when connected via ethernet.
When Pairing Mode WILL NOT work
Manually putting your device into pairing mode will not work if:
- You have not completed the initial firmware update upon setting up your device.
- You are pairing for the first time.
- You are already connected via ethernet.
- You are trying to connect to an unsupported network. e.g. a captive portal network like you find at airports, hotels, coffee shops, or corporate/university networks that use 802.11x. e.g. xfinitywifi, googlewifi. On these networks, you are asked to sign in on a web page, before you can connect.
How to get into Pairing Mode from Lightform device
Press the power button on the device three times quickly. To confirm the device has gone into pairing mode, check your computer's list of available networks and wait for the device's network to appear i.e. "Lightform Dazzling Faerie".
Press the 'back' button on your remote three times to enter pairing mode. Note - this will not work if you haven't already updated your firmware. To confirm the device has gone into pairing mode, check your computer's list of available networks and wait for the device's network to appear i.e. "Lightform Dazzling Wildcat".
The remote control for the LF2/LF2+ contains a small Class 3R infrared laser that is active anytime the remote is moved. Do not deliberately look or stare into the laser emitter. As an extra precaution, it is recommended to keep the remote out of reach of children.
Press the Pairing Button on the back of the device next to the Power button .
How to get into Pairing Mode from Creator
If your Lightform device is already paired, you can put it into Pairing Mode from Creator.
- Connect your computer to the same Wi-Fi network as the device.
- Open Lightform Creator and navigate to the Control page.
- Select your device and then press the Enter Pairing Mode button.
How to tell if your Lightform device is in Pairing Mode
When the Lightform device is in Pairing Mode, it will display the Test Card which will have a purple border. You will also see the Lightform device's network show up in your computer's list of available networks. If you are on a Windows machine and do not see the network appear, please make sure you have followed the Windows troubleshooting steps here.
Note - If you do not have internet and still want to scan and publish to your device, you can use your device in pairing mode.