We do not recommend using Labs for installations or productions where dependability is required. These features are experimental and unsupported, but we welcome bug reports and feedback to continue improving Lightform Creator.
In this tutorial, we'll be using Lightform IFTTT service to connect your Voice Assistant to your device and control playback and trigger effects in real-time.
|Minimum requirements to use Lightform as defined here|
|IoT device with an IFTTT service - e.g Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant|
|IFTTT Account - to send commands to your Lightform Device using your voice|
Your device must be registered under your account on cloud.lightform.com
Step 1: Add relevant IFTTT services
Log in to your IFTTT account and add the services for:
- your voice-controlled device i.e Amazon Alexa or Google Home
- your Lightform Device
Step 2: Create the IFTTT Trigger
In the example below, we will trigger a Lightform command whenever we say "Google Next Effect"
- Under your profile picture in IFTTT, select the Create option
- Click on +This and search for Google Assistant (or Amazon Alexa)
- Choose a trigger e.g "Say a Simple Phrase"
- Type in your trigger phrase e.g "Next Effect", all the other fields are optional.
- Click on "That" to choose your action service and search/select Lightform service
- Choose an action to send to Lightform e.g "Go to next slide"
- Type In your Device Serial Number, for IFTTT to connect to your device