- Windows - Edit > Preferences
This page contains general-purpose settings for the user interface.
This page contains settings for Preview
- Show Cursor: Toggle to show or hide the cursor.
Lightform Creator will stream your cursor position on the artboard to the Lightform device. The cursor position will be projected as a yellow, full-screen crosshair precisely at the correlated position on your real-world scene.
The cursor will always be streamed as the front layer, above the mask stream.
- Show Masks: Toggle to show or hide Surface masks
Lightform Creator will stream all of the masks you create in the artboard to the Lightform device. The masks will be projected in white precisely at their relative locations on your real-world scene. You can also stream your mask while streaming content - if you select a mask while streaming content, the content will stop streaming and the mask will be streamed in white.
- Creating Masks
When creating masks with the Pen and Shapes tools, your masks will be streamed and updated in real-time in projected space.
When creating masks with the Brush, Quick Select, or Magic Wand tools, your masks during creation will not be streamed and updated in real-time in projected space. Instead, your finished masks (after clicking Done) will be streamed in projected space.
- Editing/Moving Masks
When editing or moving any of your masks, the edits and movements will be streamed and updated in real-time in projected space.
- Creating Masks
- Video Stream: Lightform Creator will stream your content (images, videos, effects) to the Lightform device. You can choose between low, medium, and high quality.
- Enable NDI Output (LFC only): When streaming, Creator can optionally stream via NDI which makes streaming to an LFC faster. However, some computers/networks seem to perform worse when using NDI so this option to turn it off exists.
This page contains some shortcuts to directories on your computer that support the application. It is sometimes helpful to reference these when working with the Lightform team on support issues.