In this article:
1. Lightform devices (LF1) are not discoverable on the network.
Problem: If you're using the device on the network for the first time, Windows Defender may be interfering.
Solution A: This article has good information on letting an application through Windows Defender and Firewall: https://www.sync.com/help/how-do-i-stop-windows-firewall-or-defender-from-blocking-sync-from-syncing/
Solution B: Allow the Lightform Creator application through the firewall (both Private & Public).
This is another good article about letting application through Windows Firewall: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/uncategorized/how-to-create-exceptions-in-windows-vista-firewall/
Solution C: Allowing inbound + outbound traffic on TCP port 50051 (both Private & Public).
This article has information about allowing a port through Windows Firewall: firewall: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-open-port-windows-firewall
Problem: If you're on a desktop or laptop connected to the network via wi-fi, and you've used the device on the network before, you may just need to force your computer's network information to refresh.
Solution: Turning wi-fi off on the computer, then turning it back on is a quick way to force it to refresh its internal settings. After turning wi-fi back on, the device will often appear shortly after in Lightform Creator. This process only takes a few seconds.
2. You are unable to run Lightform Creator after installing it on your system.
Problem: You are unable to run Lightform Creator. It either does not start, or starts with an error page and most controls removed or disabled.
Solution: Ensure your Windows installation and graphics drivers are up-to-date.
- If running Windows Update does not update your Windows installation to 1809 or higher, you can manually download and run the Windows Update Assistant to get the newest version. To get the Update Assistant, visit
3. Lightform Creator's layout is too small or too large.
Problem: The text and other layout elements within Lightform Creator are too large or too small.
4. Lightform Creator starts with error 'Failed to initialize standard file paths...'.
Problem: Lightform Creator starts and immediately presents an error in the application window. The error states that Lightform Creator 'Failed to initialize standard file paths...', and includes additional information. No other actions in the application are possible, except to submit a bug report or quit the application.